Monday, May 21, 2012

Before and After- Writing Desk

A fabulous thrifting find.  I posted about this desk a while back here.
A little time and attention and he looks more like this these days...



 Nevermind my lame attempt at staging.  Major impromptu rush job!  
Note to self...have your background fabric touch the floor next time!  Ironing it first may not be a bad idea either.

Rather handsome with his hand-painted, smoky grey finish and oil-rubbed bronze hands (drawer pulls) and feet, don't you think?
He's also for sale in my Etsy Shop. 

LINKED
Debbiedoo's
House of Grace
Coastal Charm
Our Delightful Home

Restore Interiors Enjoy Be ing Prissy!
-Prissyville

11 comments:

  1. I love this. Am currently on the lookout for a makeover candidate to turn into a "desk". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love how elegant it looks now. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very handsome! I am currently working on a writing desk, as well. I love the colour you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty. I love how authentically distressed it looks. Great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color and the distressing on the desk. I wouldn't have noticed the fabric backdrop being short...I thought it was wall paper.
    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color, and I love the piece. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on this! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping over from your newbie award at RefreshRestyle to say hello. Smokey looks great.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw your feature over at Refresh Restyle and had to pop over and tell you how much I love your projects! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the nice comments. It really was a fun project! So glad to be a mentioned newbie, it totally makes it all so much fun!

    ReplyDelete