Friday, May 11, 2012

Dilemma- Break Up A Set Or Not?

I will always, always buy all of the like items that I see.  If I see chairs and there are 5 alike and I need 2...I buy 5!  Really I do.  I have a fear that I will regret it if I don't do that.  I can't seem to break up the set.
In line with this same premise, when refurbishing like items, I again struggle with breaking up the set.  I see it all the time in blogland...some of you all will reupholster one chair in one fabric and its twin in another.  Paint a dresser one color and its sibling highboy another.  You'll even let them go off seperately to different homes.  Huh? 
Oh no, no, no...this would totally bug me.

This is why I seem to always have a surplus of furniture in my work area because I can't make a simple decision!  So they sit...and sit....and sit, waiting for my lightbulb to go off and for me to make up my mind!  Sheesh!

I couldn't image breaking up these two.
I have 3 more like this one.  They just have to be done all the same, don't they??  There's actually  a 5th one that has a fabric back, so I'd be ok with doing that one in a different style because that one is "different"...if that makes any sense!

 Now these HAVE to be done all alike.  Right?

 What about these bookshelves?  Not identical, but siblings all the same. 
 
But what if someone wanted to do this and here I'd gone and painted them two different colors?!?  I would totally mess up their vision!
 Separate sibling lamps?  What if they are destined for someone's nightstands or each end of someone's sideboard?  I couldn't do it....I'd never forgive myself. 
Does anyone else struggle with this like I do?

Enjoy Being Prissy!
-Prissyville

2 comments:

  1. All the time! I just painted a vanity and have the bed to match, but I already painted a bed to go in the room I am re-decorating. Should I toss the un-matching bed and go with the new one? Decisions, decisions. I recently adopted two cats because they were siblings! What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete