Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lovely Bed Missing Its Pediment


I'm not sure how to proceed with this next project.  I had the opportunity to buy this bed (and one other) in a lottery of sorts.  A thrift store that I frequent now uses a wait list for furniture that has had its tag removed but has gone unsold during the business day.  They begin calling people on the list early the next business day.  The day I saw these two beds, they were both missing tags.  Good thing, I was #1 on the wait list!  I slept with my phone under my pillow!  I got the call and hightailed it back to the store.  I purchased the beds out of sheer excitement.  Unfortunately, I didn't fully check them over.

I somehow assumed this was the headboard's shape.  It wasn't until I really looked at it some time later that I realized it was missing its decorative crown/pediment.  I've been searching for a replacement but can't seem to find one.  Frankly, I am not even sure I know what I'm looking for.
Help me out, guys.  Can I leave this as it is?  The shape isn't terrible without the pediment, but will it be tasteful and ultimately sale-able without it once all the work goes into refinishing it?

Input and help, Folks!!
While we're at it, any paint color suggestions?
Enjoy Being Prissy!
-Prissyville-

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you can find exactly what you need somewhere in Grandma's house. Given the fact that that isn't likely a viable option check out this website to find a pediment: http://www.palesinstyle.com.au/rw29.htm .
    I think you could manage without it and it wouldn't be tasteless but it would definitely lack character. Although this isn't my cup of tea or area of expertise...but, I'm A GREAT RESEARCHER!!! I can't wait to see what you do with this project and I already know it will be grand. You are so talented!!!!

    Love ya,
    Eb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Eb! You're right, that option may probably isn't a viable option. I'll check out the link you found. I haven't done much to it yet, so stay tuned.

      Delete