Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Before and After: Display Easel

In yesterday's blog entry, I mentioned how I made my version of homemade chalk paint and used it on a small 99 Cent Store display easel.  I promised to share that easel with you all today and here she is.

Before

...and After!
I painted the whole thing with the homemade chalk paint that I made here.  For the base color, I used Martha Stewart's paint in Okra.  Once dry, this was followed by a watered down version of another homemade chalk paint using Martha Steward's Sharkey Grey.   I randomly sanded areas and gave it a good coat of clear wax and buffed to perfection! 
A cheapy 99 Cent Store find turned pretty decent piece to place my family photo on. 

Now, I just have to find the perfect family photo!

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors that you used-it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic. I love doing washes, it makes such an impact. Of course, I'm the gesso queen, but I think your mixture looks great. You really should link up some of your creations to a few link parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing this. I really love to Find Art Easels and been collection great ones. Keep it up, I will surely gonna be back to look for updates

    ReplyDelete